Sunday, October 26, 2008

Book Reviews

I am so far behind in my book reviews! You prolly think I am still reading the dragon book. Nope! I finished that one in 4 days and that was s l o w for me.

So here they are...the ones I have finished since I last posted a review.

Ok, this one was good to read. I was about 2 3rds of the way through when it picked up so good that I had trouble putting it down. We found out a whole heck of a lot about Eragon, the main character and his lineage and other mysteries were solved regarding his enemy also. It was good. I can't wait for the next one. And isn't that the way you know a book is good?

No tears in this one, but maybe a lump or two.




Oh, man. I was skeptical when I started this one because of the plot. An alien host gets put into humans and the host body fights it off?? Too wierd for me...but dang if it didn't suck me in. By the end of the first chapter I was hooked. And Meyer does such a great job at creating a whole world here that exists perfectly within the story. This would so make a great movie.

I cried about 3 kleenex worth. It was very moving in parts and downright sad in others. I am a huge sap though.







Next was this one. I did not like this one. It is about a couple that has decided they don't want children, but then the guy changes his mind. The woman tells him to choose between her and a kid and he chooses to leave. Oy!! You know, I lived the whole divorce thing, I surely don't want to read about it in my down time. Everything ended up happily ever after, but I did not like the story, which is making it hard to pick up the other one by this author "Love the One Your With". I may have to move that one off my list.

I cried about 1 hanky's worth but only because it made me think of my own experience.






I have to admit, I did not like this one at first either. I HATE lies and people who tell them. I especially hate people who tell lies only to make themselves look better. ::cough coughmyexcough cough:: So I could not identify with this character at all because that is what she does all the time. She has no redeeming qualities about her. I did like how she got to solve a little mystery there at the end and how Luke ended up being her man. But again, I am a sap.


She's growing on me. I chuckled several times reading this one. Again, the little mystery was good to read about. I did not enjoy reading about her getting herself into trouble again. And didn't we all just know that Luke was going to show up with the scarf?? Predictable but a nice turn your brain off read.



I am reading this one right now and really enjoying it. I am actually taking this one slow since I have blazed through all the rest so fast.







I half way read-skimmed this one and need to go back and read it again. I got the jist of it and like it better than the shopaholic series. I will go back and really read it all the way through and give a full review of it later.





So I only have like 4 books left to read not counting the one I am on now. I am def going to have to add more to my list. I knew it wouldn't be enough, but I thought I could slow down a little, but nope!! Any suggestions of what I can add? I want fun, light reads, no haunting disturbing stories. Geez, who wants to read disturbing things!? I would like to go back and read some of Oprah's book club picks like "The Secret Life of Bees" or "She's Come Undone".

Suggestions anyone??

Lady S

4 comments:

  1. Hello Lady S! I have a fabulous light and oh so entertaining read. It is by Fannie Flagg (or Fried Green Tomatoes fame) called Standing in the Rainbow. It is light and unforgettable. The best combo. I still think of Neighbor Dorothy to this day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...sounds great! I will put it on the list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Lady S... I have read all of Emily Giffin books. Love the One Your With is not the same characters as Baby Proof. And I didn't really care for LTOYW. Waht about P.S. I Love You? The book was way better then the movie. I am not much of a reader. Right now I am trying to start Jon and Kate's book...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on your reading challenge. I wanted to let you know in case you haven't heard the Shopaholic, Becky, is coming to theaters in February. Not sure if they are going from one book or combining them. There is a trailer out there on the internet in case you are wondering what it may be about. I haven't seen it.

    Anyway, howdy from another Texas blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Advice?? Leave it for me here...